5 QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR OPTOMETRIST AT YOUR EYE TEST
Updated: Jul 13
Eye tests are crucial for everyone, not only those who wear glasses or contact lenses. By scheduling regular eye exams with your optometrist in Oakville, you can rest assured that any infections, diseases, or other eye issues will be picked up before they become major problems. Here are five questions to ask your optometrist at your eye test:
1. What tests will you be doing?
The eye test that one optometrist offers may differ from what the next one offers. Be sure to ask about the various tests that will be done. Besides a vision test, it is also advisable to have tests done to check for diseases like glaucoma and macular degeneration. These diseases can be picked up if a dilated eye exam is done.
2. How often should I come back? You might need to come back for a comprehensive eye exam sooner than you think, depending on the results of your tests.
3. How should I take care of my eye health? Ask your optometrist what he or she advises regarding monitoring your eye health.
4. Are my symptoms serious? If your vision is blurred or you are experiencing irregularities in your vision, ask your optometrist about it. Be sure to mention any redness, eye pain, light sensitivities, halos or flashes of light as this can help an optometrist to diagnose the problem.
5. Should I be aware of any side effects of eye drops or medicines? If eye drops or medicines are prescribed, ask what side effects you can expect, both short term and long term.
Be proactive about your eye health by booking an eye test with an optometrist in Oakville today.